Major Md. Manwarul Haq, PhD
Department of Science and Humanities
Military Institute of Science and Technology
Mirpur Cantonment, Mirpur – 1216
- Associate Professor of English in the department of Science and Humanities at Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST)
- Assistant Professor in the department of English at American International University Bangladesh (AIUB) from May 2015 to July 2015.
- Teaching English Composition and Communication Skills
- Teaching Advanced Reading and Writing
- Teaching Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teaching Academic Writing
- Teaching Techniques of Language Skills
- Assistant Professor in the department of English at Presidency University, from September 2014 to May 2015.
- Teaching Advance English and professional Communication to undergraduate students
- Teaching Language Acquisition and Development to undergraduate students
- Preparing learning materials and exercises to be delivered in the classroom to improve students’ study and communication skills
- Assessing students through different methodologies.
- Guiding students for their MA Dissertation
- Guiding students in effective decision-making regarding their career and professional developments
- Language Instructor in 40 hour- and 160 hour- Certificate of Proficiency in English course at English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Hyderabad from February 2011 to May 2013. Taught language skills including reading, writing, speaking, listening and grammar using communicative methodology.
- Lecturer in the department of English at Asian University of Bangladesh (AUB) from January 2008 to June 2009.
- Lecturer in the department of English at Sonabor Adarsha Mohabiddaloy, Chapai Nawabgonj from 2006 to 2008.
- Lecturer in the department of English at Birshrestho M. Jahangir College, Chapai Nawabgonj from 2003 to 2005.
- Lecturer in the department of English at Syampurhat Degree College, Rajshahi from 2002 to 2003.
Key Responsibilities as Lecturer:
- Teaching English grammar and communication skills to undergraduate students
- Teaching English language to undergraduate students
- To guide students on writing projects in English
- Delivering personal development lessons to help and support students in the following areas: Study Skills, preparation for exams, preparing for work/higher studies
- Teaching four language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) to the Higher Secondary and undergraduate students
- Giving one to one help to improve English Language speaking, reading, listening and writing
- PhD thesis ‘Renewing the Curriculum for Higher Secondary English Teacher Training in Bangladesh: A Study’ at The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad in 2014.
- Phil thesis ‘An Evaluation of the Higher Secondary English Textbook in Bangladesh’ at The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad in 2010.
- A. Dissertations:
- Cakir, M. (2015). Make teaching English fun and attract students’ attention more at primary level.
- Siddique, S. (2015). Teaching writing skill in mixed ability classes: An investigation of tertiary level students.
- Nahar, S. (2015). A case study of secondary school students’ English learning anxiety in Bangladesh.
- Published a paper entitled ‘Teacher Motivation: Recruitment, Remuneration and Promotion’ in ELTI Journal in Volume 10: 101-105, September, 2013. (ISSN 2250-317X)
- Co-authored a paper entitled ‘Adult Learning: An Essential Component for Designing a Successful and Effective Teacher Training Programme’ in Hope Journal of Research in Volume 1, Issue 3 September 2013. (ISSN 2307-7034E)
- Co-authored a paper entitled ‘English Language Anxiety: An Investigation on its Causes and the Influence it Pours on Communication in the Target Language’ in The Dawn Journal in Volume 2, No. 2, July- December 2013. (ISSN 2277-1786)
- A paper titled ‘Teacher Effectiveness as a Motivational Paradigm for Teacher Education’ is to be published in the Spectrum, an EFL University Publication.
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
- Presented a paper titled Teacher Motivation: Recruitment, Remuneration and Promotion in the British Council and EFLU International Teacher Educators Conference on ‘English Language Teacher Education in a Diverse Environment’ in Hyderabad in 2013.
- Presented a paper titled Teacher Effectiveness as a Motivational Paradigm for Teacher Education in the EFLU-ELE Spectrum 2012.
- Conducted a one day workshop on Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) in the EFL University in March 2012.
- Attended a one day workshop on Clear and Engaging Assessment: Using Rubrics and Free Web Tools in May 2013, conducted by U.S. Consulate General, Hyderabad.
- Attended a five day workshop on Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) in March 2012. The workshop was conducted by British Council.
- Attended a one day workshop on Prescribed Text and the Teacher: Problems and Possibilities in September 2012, conducted by the Department of Humanities & Mathematics, G. Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Science for Women in collaboration with ELTAI Hyderabad Chapter.
- Attended a one day English Language Teacher Development Workshop on Providing Effective Feedback on Academic Writing in January 2016, facilitated by Prof. Dr. Sharmin Khan, Department of Linguistics and Language Development, San Jose State University, California, USA and conducted by Bangladesh English Language Teachers Association.
PhD in English Language Education from The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad, India in February 2014.
Research Methodology, Andragogy: the adult learning, Professional Development in Teacher Education, Recent Trends in Teacher Education
MPhil in English Language Education from The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad, India in September 2010.
Research Methodology, Theoretical Foundations to Language Teaching (TFLT), Language Testing, Curriculum and Materials Production, Teacher Development
- A. English Language Teaching from the Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India in June 2000 with a first class.
Elementary Linguistics, Language Teaching Theories and Methodology, Syllabus Designing, Teaching Oral Communication, Teaching Grammar and Usage, Teaching Written Communication, Teaching of Literature, Testing and Evaluation.
B.A. English (Hons.) from the Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India in June 1998 with a first class.
Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) from Rajshahi Education Board, Bangladesh in 1994 with a first division.
Secondary School Certificate (SSC) from Rajshahi Education Board, Bangladesh in 1994 with a first division.
- English, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu.
MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, Internet.